The New York International Tattoo aims to showcase some of the best music and dance groups from Scotland, Ireland, Canada and the USA, building on the success of the April 2014 show.
- Massed Pipe Band and outstanding pipe band performances
- Military / Brass band ensembles
- Highland Dancers
- Irish Dancers
- Leading vocalists
- Uplifting and patriotic music
Provisional Dates: April 10-11, 2015
The term ‘tattoo’ dates from 17th century Europe, when garrisons sent out drummers in the evening to inform the soldiers that it was time to return to barracks. The process was known in Dutch as ‘doe den tap toe’ (Dutch for “turn off the tap”), an instruction to innkeepers to stop serving beer. Over time the performance of a ‘tattoo’ became more elaborate to include music and dance elements.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN TICKETS, PERFORMING OR PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN 2015!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE 2014 PERFORMERS!
- Scots born soprano, Lesley Craigie, opens the show
- West Point Hellcats – established 1817
- World Champion New York Metro Pipe Band
- US Coast Guard – Color Guard
- International Highland Dancers led by World Champion Rachel McLagan
- Baritone Drum Major Jason Matteson
- World Champion Drum Major – Jason Paguio
- Haley Hewitt – North American Scottish Harp Champion
- Irish folk group and Mise Eire Irish Dancers
- Patriot Brass Ensemble
- Sons of Scotland Pipe Band – Canada
- Cockenzie & Port Seton RBL Pipe Band – Scotland
- Forfar & District Pipe Band – Scotland
- Narrated by Alasdair Hutton
- Produced by Bruce Hitchings